Thursday, July 10, 2014

Eyes of an Outsider

     Today, while at Broadway on the Beach, my brother and his family and I stopped by Johnny Rocket's restaurant to get a bite to eat for lunch. Now, me being a vintage-junkie, I loved this place immediately! The old-fashion diner set up was spectacular! From the spinning bar chair to the servers hats, all the way down to the glassware and jukeboxes at the end of each table that ACTUALLY worked- it was amazing!
     Everyone broke out into song and dance at random moments and you were forced to wear a smile across your face. The energy was impressive and it made the experience that much more memorable. We were sitting, waiting for our order to arrive when a guy dressed in a Johnny Rocket mascot costume (a simple cup and straw with the logo across the front) passed our table, smiling, laughing, singing and dancing his way through the restaurant. 
     I had mentioned earlier during our visit that I would love to work there because I sing and dance all the time anyways. When the mascot passed, my brother looked at me and said, "I can totally see you taking that job." At first I was kind of offended and I asked why. My brother simply stated, "Because, his singing and dancing which you do constantly and never realize. Plus, he's always smiling and laughing as you do also." 
     That's when it really hit me. What do people really see? How do they perceive you trough their eyes - their minds? My brother and sister-in-law see me everyday (I live with them) and they say I'm a happy-go-lucky type of guy. Someone who is always smiling and laughing, singing and dancing, no matter who's around. That brightened my day to it's full extent! Personally, I have always felt I was a happy guy. Someone who went to school and (even though I may be going through things of my own) kept a smile on my face and encouraged others to do so as well. But, to have others tell you that they see you as what you envisioned yourself as has a feeling that can't be described! 
     So, I ask you. What do you think people would say about you if they were forced to expose the truth. Don't be afraid of it, embrace it. If you don't like what you would hear, change it and those qualities that you love, keep. 
     Always carry yourself with self love and respect. Be true to who you are. Change the world not one person at a time, but as many as you can inspire! 

No comments:

Post a Comment